Botox is an FDA approved prescription molecule that is injected into facial muscles in tiny amounts to relax the muscles that contract to cause unsightly wrinkles –
- The first and only treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines look better in adults
- A quick 10-minute treatment with minimal downtime
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines
- It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
Q. What is Botox?
Botox is botulinum toxin type A, specifically On abotulinumtoxin A, which is injected into the facial muscles to temporarily relax the muscle. It works by temporarily blocking nerve signals and muscle contractions. This improves the appearance of wrinkles. It can also slow the formation of new lines by preventing contraction of facial muscles.
Q. Muscle relaxant? Isn’t that dangerous?
Not at all! Botox Cosmetic is an FDA approved treatment for treatment of dynamic wrinkles on the face that are caused due to expressions made after contraction of specific facial muscles. These muscles get relaxed due to the botox and so, the wrinkle disappears. Moreover, very tiny amounts are used and these do not spread to anywhere beyond the target muscle. It will never go into your blood stream and so there are no serious side effects at all.
Q. Where is Botox injected?
Cosmetically, Botox is used in the following areas:
- The forehead to treat the horizontal lines that form when you look up.
- The area between the eyebrows (glabellar region), to treat the vertical lines formed when you frown.
- Around the eyes, to treat the lines (commonly known as crow’s feet) that appear when you smile.
Q. But I have seen some celebrities after Botox. They look so plastic!
This is where you need to consult an experienced injector! Twacha Dermatologists have experience of over 15 years with Botox. We believe the goal of Botox should be softening the look, not freezing it. The technique used gives very natural improvement in the appearance. You look more refreshed, alert and youthful.
Q. How long does the effect last?
The effect of Botox wears off after about 4-5 months. After that, if you wish you can go for repeat treatment to maintain the look.
Q. Will my wrinkles worsen if I do not repeat the treatment?
No, the wrinkles cannot worsen if you do not opt for the treatment. They will simply be as they were before the treatment.
Q. But isn’t it expensive?
Botox is surprisingly affordable! If you analyze the cost – benefit ratio of this simple procedure that pushes back years off your look, it really is worth it.
Q. Who gets Botox done at Twacha?
Botox is a very popular treatment at our centers. Clients as young as in the 20s get it for eyebrow shaping. Post 35, people opt for it to prevent wrinkle formation. In the middle ages, wrinkle management with Botox is very popular. Unlike popular belief, Botox is not just for celebrities.
To find out if Botox is a good treatment for you, click on the following link https://wa.me/919350303663