Dermal fillers are the natural substance of your skin’s support structure, that are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours. More than 1 million men and women annually have chosen this popular facial rejuvenation treatment, which can be a cost-effective way to look younger without surgery or downtime.
Q. What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin. This gel is composed of a naturally occurring substance called Hyaluronic Acid, the main ingredient of our skin collagen.
Q. Why do I need Dermal Fillers?
As we age, the substances beneath our skin, collagen and elastin, start to diminish. The skin can no longer retain its volume, elasticity, turgidity and ability to bounce back. Gravity starts to show its effect. So we start to see static lines, around the mouth and close to the nose. Hollowness of the cheeks, sunken eyeballs, jowls, thin lips, pinched temples are all a result of this volume loss. The only way to counter these changes is to replace the lost volume. Hyaluronic acid is the main component of collagen, hence we inject it into the skin to create the volume.
Q. Why can’t I just use Hyaluronic Acid creams?
HA creams used topically to moisturize, but a cream or serumcan’t restore lost volume—only injectable hyaluronic acid can.
Q. What do Dermal Fillers Do?
Dermal Fillers restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases. They are also used to enhance facial contours. More than 1 million men and women annually choose this popular facial rejuvenation treatment, which can be a cost-effective way to look younger without surgery or downtime. Although they are commonly called “wrinkle fillers,” they can do much more than just smooth out wrinkles. Here are a few of the common issues dermal fillers can help address:
- Smooth out lines around nose and mouth
- Restore volume to sunken cheeks or temples
- Plump & enhance the lips
- Give you that beautiful blush line on the cheeks
- Enhance a small chin
- Improve symmetry among facial features
- Due to its ability to store moisture, hyaluronic acid is responsible for giving skin a plump, hydrated look
- Once injected dermal fillers also replenish your body’s natural production of hyaluronic acid, which diminishes as you age.
Q. Are dermal fillers the same as Botox?
Botox is not the same as Dermal Fillers. Botox relaxes muscles to reduce wrinkles, while fillers smooth out skin by filling wrinkles, and replace lost volume .
Q. What is the procedure like?
After carefully assessing your facial attributes, the treatment plan is discussed with you. Pretreatment photographs are taken.
Topical anaesthetic cream is applied so that the procedure is painfree. Then the filler material is placed at appropriate places through either a cannula or needle.
Q. What are the side effects of Dermal Fillers?
- Mild bruising may be observed at the site of injections. It resolves in a few days
- You may have slight discomfort in the area, for which analgesics may be prescribed
- Vascular occlusion is a rare complication.
TWACHA doctors are very experienced, and have not only presented papers and written book chapters on Dermal Fillers and Botox, but are also involved in training beginners in these procedures. You are in good hands.
Q. Are there any precautions to be taken post procedure?
- You must not wash your face for 3 hours
- Do not massage your face for 15 days
- Do not go for facials for 15 days
- Do not jump or lift heavy weights for a week
To find out if Dermal Fillers are a good treatment for you, click on the following link https://wa.me/919350303663