When patients with birthmarks/moles/freckles/pigmentation or tattoos approach TWACHA for treatment, we advise them the Q – Switched ND YAG Laser treatment. This laser specifically targets pigment in the skin, and destroys it, achieving significant lightening of pigmented lesions and tattoos. However, whether the Q-Switched ND YAG laser is the best treatment option for you will depend on a number of factors, including the specific issue being treated.
Q. How does Q-Switched ND YAG Laser Work?
- The Q-Switched ND YAG laser works by targeting specific pigment in the skin and destroying it into tiny particles which are then removed by the skin’s natural scavenging system.
- For laser tattoo removal, the Q-Switched ND YAG laser targets ink pigment and breaks it up into smaller particles through powerful bursts of energy.The ink is then absorbed into the blood stream and eventually expelled from the body.
- The Q-Switched ND YAG laser utilizes two energy frequencies; 1064 nanometers, to target deeper skin layers, and 532 nanometers, to address hyperpigmentation in more superficial layers.
Q. What does the Q-Switched ND YAG Laser Treat?
TWACHA utilizes the Q-Switched ND YAG laser for treating
- Pigment-related problems, like moles, freckles and pigmented lesions
- For Laser facial
- Tattoo ( black, brown, red, blue,etc.)
- Birth Marks
- Age spots
- Fine wrinkles
Q. How is this laser used for laser facial?
For laser facial, the Q-Switched ND YAG Laser is a wonderful piece of equipment. It causes-
- Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing
- Improvement in fine wrinkles and expression lines
- Pigmentation reduction such as sunspots and freckles to even out skin tone
- Firming up skin tone
Q. How effective is this laser to remove tattoos?
Q-Switched ND YAG laser is very good for tattoo removal. It can provide dramatic lightening of most tattoo colors, but tends to be most effective on darker inks. When it comes to green and yellow tattoo ink, this laser may not be the most effective option.
Q. Is Q-Switched ND YAG Laser Safe?
The Q-Switched ND YAG laser is a safe procedure, when administered by the expert therapists at TWACHA We go to great lengths to ensure that our laser therapists undergo extensive training with laser devices and can administer the latest treatment techniques safely and effectively. They are certified by the laser companies and regular training modules are conducted for them.
Q. How many sessions do I need?
Generally, 4-6 sessions are required for optimal benefits. The number of treatments will depend on the specific issue you are looking to address and the size of the treatment area. For example, treatment of hyperpigmentation issues, like dark spots caused by sun damage, will typically need fewer sessions than tattoo removal.
Q. What to Expect During Treatment?
When you visit TWACHA, our doctors will first make a detailed assessment of your skin concerns, to ensure that this laser is the best skin treatment option in your situation. Once the treatment begins, your provider will numb the area with a topical cream or may use a local anesthetic to further reduce discomfort. You will also be provided with protective eyewear. Your skin therapist will guide the laser across the treatment area, and deliver powerful bursts of energy to break down pigment. Some discomfort is common during this stage, as the laser will cause micro-damage in the skin. However, most patients handle this procedure very well, and our providers work diligently to ensure maximum comfort.
Q. Are there any side effects of Q-Switched ND YAG Laser?
After the procedure, you may notice redness and swelling in the treatment area. Aloe vera may be used on the skin after treatment, to soothe any discomfort.
Q. What happens after tattoo removal by laser?
In tattoos, you may notice pinpoint bleeding and later some crusting at the treatment site, as the skin begins to heal. To reduce the chances of scarring, it is vital to let the scab heal on its own, without attempting to remove it.
To find out if Q Switched ND YAG Laser is a good treatment for you, click on the following link https://wa.me/919350303663