High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a relatively recent aesthetic treatment for skin tightening. It is a noninvasive, nonsurgical technique for face lifts. It uses ultrasound energy to stimulate the production of collagen, which results in firmer skin.
Q. How does it work?
HIFU makes use of focused ultrasound energy to target the layers of skin just below the surface. This causes the tissue to heat up rapidly. After the target cells attain a certain temperature, they experience cellular damage. But this sort of focused damage is not harmful. Rather, this damage actually encourages the cells to produce more collagen. The increase in collagen results in tighter, firmer skin with fewer wrinkles. Since the high-frequency ultrasound beams are focused on a specific tissue site below the skin’s surface, there’s no damage to the upper layers of the skin and adjacent tissue.
Q. Who needs HIFU?
This treatment works best on people older than 30 with mild-to-moderate skin laxity.
HIFU has many aesthetic benefits, including:
- wrinkle reduction on face
- enhancing the definition of the jawline
- reducing double chin
- tightening of sagging skin on the neck
- subtle face lift
- tightening of the décolletage
- smoothing the skin
Q. What should I expect at my appointment?
- The technician first cleans the treatment area.
- A topical anesthetic cream is applied and left on for about an hour before starting.
- The technician then applies an ultrasound gel.
- The HIFU probe is placed against the skin and using an ultrasound viewer,the technician chooses the appropriate setting.
- Ultrasound energy is then delivered to the target area in short pulses for 30 to 90 minutes, depending upon the target site.
- You may experience slight discomfort during a HIFU procedure.It can be described as tiny electric pulses or a light prickly sensation. An nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as ibuprofen taken prior to treatment will reduce the discomfort
In some cases, more than one treatment session may be needed, usually at monthly intervals.
Q. Is there any downtime?
Normal daily activities can be resumed right after the procedure. Immediately after the treatment, you may experience mild redness or swelling, which will gradually recede over the next few hours.
To find out if HIFU is a good treatment for you, click on the following link https://wa.me/919350303663